Blog Archive

Sunday, July 17, 2011

I made it through the first week!!!

I still can't get over the fact that I'm in China! I have had a very interesting week to say the least. Yesterday I worked up at the school and got my classroom settled and worked on material for this coming week. I'll be teaching the students about Thanksgiving! :) gobble gobble!  So last night we watched Freedom writers in our room and had a funny night! We were all out in the lobby area by our rooms and Andrew decided to tell us about one of his kids asking him why he had feathers... lol Andrew was doing a dance move and raised his arms which raised his shirt which showed his hairy belly, (most Asian people don't have much hair except on their heads), his kids are very bold they say what they think all the time. He also told us, Peter a translator over heard one of the students calling Andrew a panda like Kung Foo Panda he thought they meant like he was fat and stupid but they like Kung Foo Panda so it is a good thing. ;) well anyways we all bust out laughing and I start giggling and everyone else starts to laugh. Dawn then turns to walk away laughing with her eyes closed and runs smack into the staircase with her face!!!!! :O ouch but all of us were still laughing from the Kung Foo story... she chipped her tooth on the marble side and of course that is not good but we got her some ice-cream and laughed it off still joking about Panda...

Today-Sunday we went to chur$h and then we went to the pearl market its like NY chinatown on steroids seriously! It was 4 stories high and about as long and wide as a football field!! I will have to go back, I was not prepared, there was a lot more stuff there than I thought there would be. Seriously they have everything, but not all of it is real of course not! 

I am so glad that we made it through this week. I have skyped with several people while being here, it is kind of random when I get to skype because the internet doesn't always work the best. Also since I am working during the day and doing stuff on the weekends, the best time for me is around 8:30-9:30 pm so 8am your time. Or if i get ready early in the morning before school at like 6:30am, 5:30pm your time... 

We also rode the subway today and OMG it was packed! we were like sardines! Im just glad I wore deodorant today! lol! Oh and as we were waiting for the subway to pull up, this lady no joke! stands her 4 yr old son on the rim of the trashcan to let him pee into it!!!!!!!!! gross!!! 

This week we will be going to see The Great Wall, The Temple of Heaven and we will be going to the New Beijing Opera House!!! So excited!!! 

I am about to get ready for bed and most of you are probably about to wake up or just woke up... :) I hope the Tejas heat isn't gonna be around when I get back, it is pretty muggy and high 80's mid 90's in mid day but I'm normally inside when its that hot. 

Well I am attaching some pictures I hope you enjoy them. I haven't had much time to really get artsy and take a bunch but this week you better believe I will be bringing out the big guns! ;) 
And yes I finally had a Starbucks coffee for an unspeakable price! :o
Love, Emily#

No comments:

Post a Comment